This is the fourth week of Advent. Hopefully by now things are beginning to settle down a bit for you. If not sit down, take a deep breath, close your eyes, and pray with me. “Dear Father, please hold me in your loving arms. Let me feel Your calmness, and love. Please help me to let go of the things that don’t need to be done. Remind me of the real reason we are celebrating Christmas, that all of the other stuff is just stuff. The important thing is to celebrate Jesus and the love of our family, and friends. Amen.”
Now sit there with your eyes stay closed for a few minutes and bask in His love.
The Psalm for today is:
The Old Testament reading for today is:
The Epistle for today is:
The Gospel lesson for today is:
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
- This is such an amazing gift for us. God’s love shows no bounds.
- Talk with the children about God’s love.
- Tell them to think about how they love you. Then say that God loves them even more.
- Also that the love of God makes it possible for us to come to Him in heaven when we die and live in peace, harmony and healthy.
18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. 21 But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”
- Help your children to know and feel His love by teaching them to pray, asking for help in making decisions. Such as what type of book to read; Is this book something God would approve of me reading?
- Also teach them to pray; Dear God how can I help ___, she/he is sad because ___ happened.
- If they are being bullied help them by praying with them saying: “Dear God, please give me strength to stand up for myself, and not let ___ hurt me or my feelings. Amen.”
I pray this is helpful for you and your family. How has this helped? How else can I help you?
1 The New King James Version. (1982). (Jn 3:16–21). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.