The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship.  Ps 19:1
How can we explain this to our children?
- The heavens proclaim the glory of God.
- This represents the space above us, the clouds, the stars, the solar system, and heaven. Everything that surrounds us. All of His creation is to worship and praise Him.
- When our children were little I would sit out on the dock and we would look at the clouds and find shapes. We would talk about how beautiful our world is and how much God loves us to create all of this for us.
- The glory of God.
- The hugeness of the space around us shows us His greatness. The way things are made and the energy they have is amazing. We need to share this and explain as best we can to our children. They need to learn how much God has done for us and the love He has for everything He has created.
- I have taught small children using a children’s Bible to read the story of creation. Then talk about what they understand and help them to understand more.
- The skies display his craftsmanship.
- The beauty of our world and skies show of His love and presence. The way everything is made speaks of His majesty.
- When you look at a simple leaf you realize it’s not so simple. There is a complexity to the shape, size and the veins that take nourishment through it. Each plant is made with a purpose. Then there are animals and people. I can’t even image what all is involved in the making and working of my body. We are gloriously and wonderfully made.
- All of creation is to praise and thank God for all He has done. This is the least we can do in thanks for all He has given us.
- Make sure you share this with your children. Write back and tell me of your discussion on creation. I can’t wait to hear their interpretation of the story.
 Tyndale House Publishers. (2013). Holy Bible: New Living Translation (Ps 19:1). Carol Stream, IL: Tyndale House Publishers.